Saturday, May 14, 2011

American River Shad 5/13/11

I pulled away from the lower AR and I got out to my regular stomping grounds on the upper section. I went out with my dad and we met few friends out there on the water. We got on the water at 1545 and started casting. Some other fisherman were already there up above us, I didn't see if they had any or not and they left shortly after we arrived.

Right at 1600 Daryl hooks up a loses one and I do the same 2 mins later. I land my first one about 10 mins later. Nice 3lber



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Besides that one most of the fish throughout the evening were small males



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We fished until 2030 and the main bite times throughout the evening were 1600, 1830, and 1930. Most bites came in short spurts from small schools moving through. A lot of fish came from right off of the bank too on the very end of the drift. Majority of fish were sticking close to shore.

Man it was good to feel this again



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I ended the night with 5 or 6. Lost 3 or 4. I threw a swimbait for a while to see if some random striper was in the area, but no there wasn't. They'll be here soon.

Great night to be out on the water
till next time

Mark
Edit/Delete Message

2 comments: