Friday, May 25, 2012

My Little Friday 5/24/12

Early start to the day wanted to go check out Howe for some top water striper action. Like usual when my fishing days start anytime before 0700 I stay up all night playing video games or something since its easier for me to do that then try waking up at 0300 in the morning. A version of Minecraft just came out on the Xbox 360 and I'm addicted to it lol.

Anyways met my buddy Ethan and friends out at howe at 0500. First light came around fast and we were scanning everywhere looking for some kind of surface action.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Nothing happened though. We moved up river to look for some kind of action.

Tried fishing off of the pipe.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I had one diaper striper follow my swimbait in but never committed to it. Ethan and his buddy Cameron both got taps, but no hook ups.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Early morning ended up being nothing, but a goose chase. Enough with that lets go and get some shad. To Rossmoor we went. First thing I noticed when we got there the water had dropped a good foot from last time I was here on Monday. For of us and two other fisherman all together in the honey hole trying something different to get in the slot without dragging bottom. Split shot, no split shot, 1/16th jig head, 1/32nd, two 1/32nd's, bobber, long leader, short leader, man we tried everything!

First hook up didn't come until about 0800. With that though it built up some confidence in everyone. Shortly later Ethan draws first blood for the day.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Love them Tarpon man!

I get my first of the day from the same passing school.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


Then I get my bait sized one.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


Out he goes! I'm getting that striper man. Might not be today might not be this month, but I'm gonna keep trying till I do.

The rest of the morning I sat on my ass and watched the rest of the guys try for the silver bullets.

Fish the rest of the morning was very spotty. 30 mins would go by 3 or 4 fish would get caught then we would have to wait another 30 mins or so for another school to come through. Bite shut down around 1100 and we had some research boat fly by us at 20 mph and decided to call it quits from there. Doesn't this river have a 5 mph speed limit?

Went and got lunch with the girlfriend and man was I paying for staying up all night. With an hour of time to kill before I had to take off to meet up with the guys at Verona I decided to take a quick cat nap. That hour planned nap though turned into two hours when I woke up to Dante calling asking me where the hell I was at. Man I screw up on that one. Got back on the rode had to go through this mess to get out to the river.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Got a little lost on the way but I made it out there and had a Great time with the guys. I'll let ya'll read Dante's report for the details and pics on that trip since I didn't take any. Had a great time guys, sorry again about being late. I'll bring you that case of beer mike when I can, give me 3 more months lol.

Getting my sled tomorrow morning already got plans try for some stripers with Guppy, hopefully I'll have a fish filled report for you guys afterwards.

Till Then Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment