Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Amador Night Trip 4/18/15

Had the urge to go and give Amador a shot. I don't think I've been out to Amador for a night run in almost 2 years now, I'm way over due. Ethan came along plus my
friend Dana, and Deni. Saturday night we were hoping that the dock wasn't crowded. I think the whole reason Ethan and I stopped going was because it got too busy and when there are too many people running around on the dock it makes too much noise and kills the bite. We show up to the lake at 2300 and see over 30 people fishing on the dock. Damn, I haven't heard anyone talking about it for a long time I was hoping people forgot about it, but I guess not.

We started off of the damn just to get away from the crowds hoping that we would be able to pick up a few fish here. We tried powerbait and glow jigs here for about an hour for nothing. After a while we noticed a few people leaving the dock so we grabbed all the gear and made our way over. Got out on the dock and there are probably still 25 people on the dock, including several children, ages roughly 4-10. I love seeing parents bring their kids fishing, but isn't it past their bed time? With so many people moving around the dock and all of the kids running in circles around the dock things weren't looking good. We stuck it out though hoping that the kids would go to bed soon and we could get some quiet out here. 0200 a decent amount of people leave and one guy came over and gave us some night crawlers that he had left over and hadn't used. Ethan puts one on and no more then 5 mins later he finally gets our first fish of the night.

2 mins later his powerbait rod goes off and now we got two in the box. A minute after that I lose one on a glow jig and while that was going on I had one taking off with my powerbait rod and I some how managed to miss that one too. Nice little flurry of action and great to finally get a few fish in the box after being out here for 3 hours now. After that we were able to get into a few more small flurries of bites every 30-45 mins. We ended up missing most of them. The fish were just biting super light and weren't really committing to there hits. I was able to stick two on the radical glow tubes, Deni got one on powerbait and we all missed a few hits each. Called it a night around 0330 with 5 in the box.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.


Not the greatest night, but with the conditions we faced I thought we did pretty good. The whole time we were there on the dock I only saw 3 other people get bites, and by bites I mean there were only 3 bites at all that didn't come from our group. Ethan brought along a submersable light that brought the shad school right to us which I think helped us out a lot. The fish I did end up stick on my jig I had maybe just 4 ft below the light, with the light being maybe 2 ft below the surface. Will have to make the trip out again sometime soon on a week day and see if its any better.

Till Next Time
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment