Monday, March 19, 2012

Lodi Bike Ride 3/19/12

Had some time before work today and with my new bike I got I've been wanting to check out some local water. Local for me though is 8 miles away. I wanted to check out Lodi Lake and parts of the Moke. 40 min bike ride from my house I got to the Woodbridge dam around 1050. I had heard rumors that people catch shad around here when they are in the system.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


The dam

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


My bike.

The water seemed really shallow here, I did see a sucker fish swimming around but nothing else that I could go for. I took off from there to go and check out Lodi Lake. I really had no idea what was in here, besides bass. I figured I would just fan cast a swimbait all over the lake and if there were bass I would get at least one. I just really wanted to explore today more then anything.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


Working the shore line for a bit I manage to get a hit and stick my first fish in Lodi!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


That fish made me so happy, I really wasn't planning on catching much of anything today I just wanted to explore. This fish I thought was defiantly a bonus. I keep working the bank and I get another hit and I stuck a fish that had some shoulders on him.



This guy must have been around 4lbs and sure as heck made my day.

I worked as much bank as I could just slow rolling my swimbait around everywhere talking to people as I went. Lots of people here I noticed fishing for carp and steel head which I thought was pretty cool. I saw one kid with a bucket full of some decent sized sucker fish and I saw one guy land a 20lb carp on a night crawler.

I worked more and more water for one more fish.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


Decided to head home around 1400 with the mind set of a successful day. On my way home right as I passed over the Woodbridge dam I noticed my back tire on my bike went flat. Crap, called my dad and had him come and pick me up. Made it home fine and happy I made the trip down to Lodi. Have to get the bike fixed and try it again soon. I want to try the Moke more for stripers and maybe shad when they come around.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment