Saturday, March 24, 2012

Amador Coming Up 3/23/12

With the recent rains we've been having I've been wanting to check out how Amador is looking with the water level on the rise. All of that water coming into the lake I could only think of one thing, and that was Jackson Creek. On the way I noticed the water clarity is terrible. Only maybe a foot and a half maybe 2ft. On they way to Jackson I tried trolling grubs and a wooly bugger on my fly rod. Deni got one hit on a Fire Tiger grub, but that was it. When we got back into the creek the water cleared up to crystal clear water.

If anyone goes back here be careful there was lots of this around.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


Poison Oak everywhere man. Not fun to deal with.

In the creek I saw several fish swimming around, but man were they skiddish. I tossed a fly around for a while and Deni threw a jig. I had one hit and we both had a few chasers, but fish weren't committing. I knew I could get something to hit, but I needed something else. I decided to try tossing a pink power worm off of the fly rod. Trout just can't resist it man. I tossed it out and before I knew it I just saw a big swirl and my worm was gone. Hooked into my first fish of the day and got the skunk off.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I ended up losing one more fish here, but that was it. There were fish here, but not very many. With the power worm working I decided to troll that around on my fly rod instead of a fly, with the stained water I figured the brighter the color the better. We made our way to Mountain springs to see how that was doing. On the way my power worm got slammed and I hooked into a pig. After a nice long and fun fight on the fly rod I landed this 9lb beast.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


and he has a tag!!!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Double score.

We trolled around in mountain springs for one more fish that Deni hooked into on her grub.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x612.


That was it for today. Really slow, but man that one fish made it worth it. Water clarity needs to clear up a bit and once that does I'm sure the trout bite will be back on again.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment