Friday, June 1, 2012

Morning AR outing 6/1/12

Had to get some fishing in today, met up with my buddy Ethan and took off for the AR in search of some fish that pull hard. First stop was below Howe Ave. @ 0500. Looking for that early morning top water striper bite. We saw a few thrashes on the water, but nothing was touching our plugs. I switched over to a swimbait for one good tap, but it didn't stick. Nothing happened after that, so we took off for Rossmoor to chase some silver bullets. Once we get on the spot I'm rigging up my live bait rig to get it ready and Ethan runs down to the water and hooks up while I'm still setting up.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


First shad of the day.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Shortly later Ethan and I get on a double!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Ethan's fish was small enough for bait so I threw him out to give it another shot. While I was doing my thing Ethan kept slaying.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Man he is killing em! While I was watching him slay the shad I got a sweet video of him fighting one with the hookset and everything, but man uploading videos is just not something I can figure out. I'll get it up here for you guys as soon as I can.

After trying for the striper for over an hour I gave it up and went back to shad. With the remaining time I had left I managed to hook into and lose 3 more fish. No more landed though. Ethan and I both had work at 1200 so around 0930 we decided we had enough fun this morning and walked out.

Someone was so kind enough to leave me a grocery bag on the fence for me to make it easier to carry all of their crap out for them.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Will be back out soon to slam the shad and maybe get that striper soon them



Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment