Friday, August 3, 2012

Moke 8/3/12

Had some free time and wanted to take the girl friend out on the boat for the first time. Ran back to Wimpy's and hit the Moke to try again for that striper. Tried the bass thing for a little bit and we both missed a few hits tossing senko's and swimbaits, but we couldn't get anything to the boat. On to get some bait!


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


Same spot I was at before and they were still there.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


One of mine.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Deni trying

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Smallest one of the day.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Before long we had a dozen in the bucket for bait. More then enough.

Moving on looking for that striper. I was showing Deni how to rig up a live bluegill, but I told her there was a couple of different things she could try to try for the stripers. As I was showing her how to drop the bluegill down it felt like I hit bottom about 4ft down, but I know its at least 11ft deep here. What the heck? I was thinking I hit a tree or something and I tried getting it to drop further down, then I noticed my line was veering off to the side and my rod started loading up. Oh crap I have a bite! I swung for the
fences, but only came back with an empty hook, damn. I asked Deni what she wanted to fish and without any stutter she said give me a bluegill. Set her up and got her in the water.

As we were drifting down the meadows I was picking up some more shakers on my jig.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


The fact that I kiss fish in front of my Girlfriend and she doesn't say a word about it is nothing short of a miracle. I am lucky to have her lol.

Deni was fascinated by the bluegills we still had in the bucket, so I told her to splash the water and replace it every now and then to keep the water cool and aerated. When she was replacing the water she put her rod down on the side of the boat then I heard a splash and Deni said "Oh shit!" I look over and sure enough there is her brand new rod I just bought her slowly sinking down into the murky depths. I dropped my rod reached over and grabbed it before it sank too far. As I was pulling it up I realize that there was something pulling back on the other end. Holy crap there is a fish on there. I handed the rod back to Deni and cleared my lines out of the way.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Fish on! we got a fight now. Brought that fish up and got her in the net.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Finally and decent sized striper and some blood in the boat! Ended up being just over 25 inches.

We got lucky on that one too. Fish almost got away with Deni's rod! defiantly glad we got that one. We ended up only doing one more drift. I managed a total of 5 shakers on the jig, but nothing else on the bluegills.

Good few hours on the water and some great time with the Girlfriend. I can't get her to wake up early for a sunrise bite and she absolutely can not stand the heat, so this time of year especially I am very excited whenever I can get her out on the water. Luckily there was a very nice delta breeze all day too that kept the temperature cool enough for us that the heat wasn't unbearable.

Off of the water around 1830 after about a 5 hour session. Ran back home for an awesome fish taco dinner.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Awesome day on the water, couldn't ask for more.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment