Saturday, August 25, 2012

Trying for sac salmon 8/25/12

Went back out to try for salmon again today. Had my buddy Adam on the boat with me, both of us hoping to get some blood in the boat. Got to the ramp right at 0600 and man was I glad I showed up when I did. Right when I put the boat in the water I counted 10+ more vehicles in line waiting their turn. Very glad I was in the front of that line. Took off and headed down to freeport. Got to the bridge and started jigging. Right when we pulled up we saw a boat net a salmon plunking on the Sac side of the river. We were jigging down river to the spot I like to plunk at. I saw two more guys lose fish on jigs while we were drifting down. Right before I got to my spot where I wanted to drop anchor my jig got slammed. I drilled em and fish on baby! I felt it though and I could tell it wasn't enough weight to be a salmon. The fish came up, I saw color and saw I got a schoolie striper.

Lipped that little guy and brought him in.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Not the target species, but its action and a little bit of pull. Hey wait what the hell is that?

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


A reward disk! Sweet. I knew DFG put these on sturgeon. Never knew they put them on Stripers. A guy drifting by who saw me get the fish said DFG sent him 100 bucks for a disk he got on a sturgeon. I'll have to turn that in and see what I get. Dropped anchor there and tried plunking for an hour. I was looking around though and realized there are 30+ boats out here in the area. Everyonce in a while someone would drift by and they would say they saw someone up river got or lost one, so there were some fish in the area.

We kept at it for an hour or so, but nothing else happened. I was thinking about jigging again, but there were so many boaters out I didn't want to deal with them, so I ran up river to try up there for a bit. Made one long drift for nothing then tried for bass for a bit. Got some little smallies and Adam got a small spot.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Was gonna try for bass a bit more, but the boat traffic on the river was just too much. Thats fishing on a saturday for ya. Off the water at 1100 and went to spend the rest of the day playing Frisbee Golf with my buddy Zach.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


My disk's

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


If your wondering, yes it is a pain in the ass to try and throw a Frisbee in between all of these trees.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Tried all day to get this shot on my phone which was surprisingly hard to do.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Yea it was a picture taking day for me.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Was able to get the money shot a few times.

I did absolutely horrible, but it was still a blast. Saturday well spent, ready to do it all over again.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment