Friday, May 9, 2014

Lake Amador 5/8/14

Headed
back to Lake Amador with my dad to get our limits worth of trout. Last few times we here I kind of struggled, but now I'm back with more knowledge on the lake and how the trout are acting, plus I'm not dealing with a post front either so were here to do some work today. We launched the boat around 1000 and started our troll. Trolled rapala's, grubs, and hoohcies, once around the lake for nothing, but we watched the finder the whole way seeing where the
schools
were located around the lake. Set ourselves up wind of where we knew the fish were and started drifting through em pulling power worms and powerbait along the way. We just had small split shots or egg sinkers to pull the baits down we were probably drifting baits through 5-15ft down. I even put a power worm behind a dodger and drifted with that.

10 seconds into our first drift my dad got hammered and we put our first fish in the box. We averaged about 2-3 fish per drift with no bait being better then the other. Our bite started slowing down as the day warmed up, but we kept at it and we had our 10 fish limit by 1300. All cookie cutter trout with the biggest maybe being 2-1/2lbs average being like 12 inches though.

With getting our limits early we tried for bass for a while, but we only managed to lose a couple on plastics, but never managed to bring one to the boat. Got off of the water around 1800 and called it a successful day. Other boaters we talked to seemed to have similar luck on the trout. Lots of bite and fish to the boat, but nothing big.

Our limit we brought home.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Been a great couple of fishing days with dad, now I need to get back and work my local waters. I've been slacking I haven't even caught a shad yet this year.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment