Thursday, October 30, 2014

AR Salmon Fishing

Still getting out and hitting the Kings when I can. Haven't gotten around to writing
reports everyday so let me sum up this past week or so for you guys. I try to get out at least three times a week and fishing has definitely been consistent for me, but not great by any means. Most mornings I'll go out and hook into 2-4 fish and usually every other trip I'll end up landing one or if I'm lucky two.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


The fish are changing for sure, but I still see chromers get caught every day.

My buddy Doug with his first fish and first limit of the season.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Special appearance of Guppy from Montana who was able to come down and fish with us for a day. Good seeing him again.

Most fish are all hooked between legal fishing time and 0800 recently. Its been an early morning run and then when the sun comes over the trees its over.

This is guy has been my biggest of the season so far. Estimated 26+lbs or so.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


My most recent outing was Wednesday 10/29/14. I fished from 0630-0730 for two hook ups, one of which was landed.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This smaller hen is by far the darkest fish I've caught so far, but they still smoke up great and I sure have been putting my smoker to work recently.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


All fish have been caught on beads.

So far I from what I've seen on my home river I really think the fish are still just kind of trickling into the river. I have yet to see a real big push of fish indicating the main school has arrived. When I see fish push through they only come up in pairs or in groups of 5 at the most. We've all been waiting and waiting for the lights out fishing we should be getting any day now when the rest of the fish decide to show up. I'm hoping that will be soon or maybe even tomorrow with the predicted
rain
coming in, because it's long over due. It's pretty much November now and I still feel like the American River has barely even gotten started. This time last year we were catching limits every day without question. I'm sure the rest of em will show up soon.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment