Thursday, April 7, 2011

Elk Grove Urban Fishing.

I had time between
classes today and I was debating bassing around elk grove or lisbon for a try at Mr. Sturgeon. Between my first set of classes I only had an hour of free time so I went to a pond close to my school to cast for a little bit. I did a lap around the pond casting a spinner bait for nothing, as I'm walking back I see a bass nesting up close to the bank. I throw my football jig on and toss it in there. I swim it close to the nest and let it fall as it falls I feel a "thunk" . . . . thought it didn't really feel like bottom and sure enough my line started taking off, I set the hook, fish on, fish off. Hook popped out jig was flying through and air and nailed me right in the shoulder. I try a few more times and get that same bite. I set the hook, see the fish it jumps and my line snaps!!! Couldn't believe it, that fish took my only jig. As I'm retieing I see the fish jump a few times trying to spit the jig out of its mouth, shouldn't have been that hard since it was actually barbless. Slightly after I had to go back to class. Couldn't get another bite.

After that I made up my mind, had to run around elk grove looking for more bass. Atleast I knew they would bite. Mr. Sturg has tested and ran my patients. I went to the warehouse to pick up some more jigs and off to more urban ponds I went.

I get to my first pond and walk the bank looking for fish. I see one small bass a long to bank but looked too small for my jig. I threw it in there anyways, but it was scaring the small bass, haha. I walked away looking for something bigger. I got to the end of that side of the pond and didn't see anything. I walk back and see that one small bass still there, I couldn't take it anymore so I broke down and put a robo worm on a shaky head. I tossed it in there and sure enough he picked it up and I slammed him.

Nice little bass.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After that My friend Ethan got out of school and I went to meet him at another pond. Needless to say when we got here the clarity was crap so we decided to go back to the pond where I just came from. Were walking down the opposite side of where I caught the small one. Wind is blowing like crazy and making casting a pain. I'm still throwing my jig just blind casting out into the pond. I'm getting tons of weeds on every cast but I push through it. One of my cast I feel weeds right when I try to pick it up after I casted it. I go to pop it through the weeds and knock it out of there and when I pop it it didn't budge, I raise my rod and try to reel in but my reel handle is just spinning and my drag starts peeling off! fish on!

I can tell its a nice fish, but I had no idea until it jumped. I saw this fish jump and it is a tank! I started shaking and got nervous once I realized that this would be my PB if I can land it. I back up and try to bring him in close enough so Ethan and lip him for me and he does.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Damn fish is so big I can fit my freaking fist in its mouth!!!!



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I guess her to be 9lbs maybe 10. I didn't have a scale so I'm just guessing here, but definatly my PB!!! I didn't get anything the rest of the day, but it didn't matter I was happy! Fished a little while longer till I had to go to school. Great freaking day.

Looking forward to the next.


Till next time
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment