Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Amador Evening

Wanted to hit the delta again but with the projected winds in the forecast there was no way I was going to be able to do that one. Got some friends together and decided a night time trip to Amador was in order. Jazzy just had her birthday so I bought her her fishing license so she could finally get out on the water. Took Jazzy, Deni, and Steven out with me tonight along with meeting Ethan, Andrew, and their friend Chris at the lake. Showed up around 2330 and right as I walked I saw Andrew land his first of the night, good sign. We all dropped down with either powerbait or glow jigs. One other fisherman that had just left gave Ethan his left over shrimp that he had caught a few fish on.

Ethan and I were pretty quick to get a few bites. Him on shrimp and me on powerbait. Action wasn't hot, but we were putting fish in the box. Didn't take a lot of pictures,
phone was dying and I had to use it to light up my jigs. Later we all heard some splashing at the dock and we were all looking around trying to find out who had the fish. Looked over and saw Jazzy pulling a fat crappie up and out of the water onto the dock.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Jazzy's first ever crappie. Pretty sweet birthday present if you ask me.

We kept at it for a while longer, but after about 0100 our bite completely died off on us. We stuck it out until 0220 for only one more fish in that time frame. It got pretty cold and everyone else was getting chilled so we called it after that.

Our line up for the night.



1 crappie and 8 trout for 7 fisherpersons, pretty slow, but not bad.

A good nights work as the weather gets warmer the night bite here will pick up. Definitely nice the size was pretty decent tonight. 2-3 1/2 lbs.

Still waiting on the shad. I know they are around, but I need them to move into the American. Think I will take advantage of the low flows and dive for some crawdads this week. Should be easy pickings.

Till next time guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment