Friday, July 26, 2013

Mather Bluegills 7/26/13

Had a friend ask me if I could get some bluegills for him to throw in his goldfish pond in his backyard so I ran down to Mather Lake with Deni with some worms we dug up in the backyard. Made it there around 1400 and got on fish right away. Surprise surprise, they are bluegills they are easy to find.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


He only needed a couple so we spent maybe a half hour there. Put three in the bucket for our friend and caught and released several more. Biggest one was probably 7 inches long and 4 inches from top to bottom. Huge gill, he flopped out of my hand as I was taking a picture and fell into the water. Photo opp missed on that one.

Short trip, but it was a fun little adventure. After seeing a few decent sized bluegills I was in the mood for a fish fry.

Ran back later in the evening around 1900 with our friend Jazzy looking for some handsized ones for a small fish fry. Started off getting into but all small.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Jazzy with her first of the day.

We ran around looking a better school and I got into one where I was averaging some decent sized fish.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Stuck it out till around 2030 and got a few for a small fry.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


All fish were caught on red worms we took out of our compost bin. Nothing too it, but still a fun evening on the water. I may try to go back tomorrow to get more to make a better meal or I'll make a sandwich out of em tomorrow.

Till Next Time
Mark
Edit/Delete Message

No comments:

Post a Comment