Sunday, September 29, 2013

AR Limit 9/29/13

After getting spanked at the salmon derby in walnut grove I had to get back to my regular home waters and get back on some salmon. On the water around 0520 to beat the weekenders to my spot and fishing by 0600. Wil (viplifetimepass) met me out there to get in on the action too. By legal time came around we had close to 20 guys on the line up. I was the first to stick one right before it got just light enough to see to maybe 0620 or so. Fought the fish all the way to the bank, tired it out, got cocky again and lifted my rod up to pull him on the shore and broke my leader like a class a rookie. Win some lose some. Got that out of my system, learn from your mistakes I'll get another one that's ok.

Walked back up to the line surprised to see no one else hooked up. Normally when one gets hooked hell breaks loose and everyone starts hooking into em. No one else hooked any though, guess I just got the lucky one fish passing through. 20 mins pass with nothing else happening except people getting caught up in each others line casting in the dark. Few tempers flying, luckily I managed to stay out of all that mess. Especially since I'm throwing braid, guys don't like it one bit at all when they tangle up with me. In the mess of everyone else I manage to hook into the second fish of the morning around 0700. Played it easier and took my sweet time with it. Tiring, but successful as I landed a 23lb hen to be my first of the morning. Made the walk back up and still no one else has hooked into anything! Rather be lucky then good any day and luck was on my side today so far. Back in the water looking for my second one.

Couple of the guys and I start noticing some deeper wakes in the water looking like fish moving through and sure enough 5 mins later finally another angler at the bottom of the line hooks into one. Watched him walk the fish down and around the bend. When his fish jumped it looked like a 25+lb buck and it was kicking his ass. When he returned 10 mins later he said his barrel swivel broke and lost the fish. Out of all things? Around another 20 mins after that I hook into my 3rd of the morning around 0745. Fish fought much harder then the first. Took me all the way down to my mono backing and sent me running down river to make up for the lost line. Fought him for roughly 20 mins in the current, but still managed to land him. A smaller but much stronger and cleaner 17lb chrome buck.

0800 and I've got my limit baby.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


And that's how its done.

I was still amazed at the fact though that within 2 hours of fishing 20+ guys on the line only 4 hookups and I managed to get 3 of them. I had a great freaking morning, but it was a really slow day over all. The fish may have moved in later in the morning, but I wouldn't know. Back home cleaned up the fish and back in bed and asleep by 1000. My kind of day.

Heard were getting some rains here very soon. Action should be even better then can't wait.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

P.S. The secret is chartreuse beads HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment