Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First AR Limit 9/24/13

Life has been getting a little busier which is great, but its seriously been cutting into my fishing time. Finally had an open morning where my boss told me I didn't have to be at work till 0830. Gives me just enough time to make a short trip to he river in the morning worth it. Set me alarm for 0430 that I slept right through. Luckily Deni work me up at 0600 on her way out the door to work. Made in on the water by 0630. Already several other guys out on the line by the time I got there.

In the short couple of minutes it took me to tie up I saw 4 guys hook into fish. Whole time I couldn't help but mentally yell at myself "Mark hurry up and get out there!" Finally get everything tied on and jump in the line. 3rd cast into it I hook up, fish on, fish off. Short lived, but nice to hook into one so early. 10 mins later another school rolls through and I hook into my second one. Walked the fish down trying to take my time and make sure I didn't lose him. I've been getting really cocky lately and I've been horsing fish too much and losing em at the bank. I've hopefully broken that habit for good now though. Was able to land my second hook up of the day and got a solid 15lb hen on the stringer. Probably my darkest fish of the year so far, but still beautiful.

After another 20 mins another pod of fish moves through and I hook into my third and what would be final fish of the morning. Smaller, but a much chromer hen that put up much more of a fight. Still no match though. Got a nice chrome 10lb hen to the bank and limited out by 0720.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


That's how you get it done right there man. Not even on the water for an hour. Got my limit and had a little bit of time to bullshit with some friends while my fish bleed out before I had to go into work. Very nice morning.

Work is getting crazy so I have to find some different time frames to fish. I'll still be getting out there though. The runs are really starting to improve and I know more are still on the way. This season is starting to get crazy.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment