Thursday, March 26, 2015

Delta Run 3/24

Launched out of Wimpy's this morning a bit later then intended. Lazy ass slept in, got on the water just after 0700 and ran down to the hunting grounds. The second I got there there was a boil happening, but ended the second I got on the deck. First cast, threw the wood for nothing, second cast with a jerkbait had a schoolie follow it all the way to the boat and take a swipe at it, rookie mistake I swung too early and screwed that up. 3rd cast with the jerkbait stuck a shaker and it came unbuttoned right at the boat. No more action from this school, kept pushing along looking for more action. At my second point I had a boil pop up right behind me. Threw the box at it without a tap. Threw the jerkbait more as the sun came up and ended up sticking several greenies, but no stripers. I even saw one more boil and again threw everything at it for nothing, couldn't believe it.

Around 0800 the sky got a little cloudy that kept my top water dream alive, but that's all that it was, a dream. Threw the wood all the way down the river until 1100 for only 2 swirls. The first was right against the boat and missed then the second caught me off guard and I swung too soon. I kept running and running looking for fish. I made my way all the way down to the SJ looking for fish. Nothing though. I wanted to search the SJ more, but the wind was just killer here, I didn't want any part of it. On the run home I tried the spots I saw fish at earlier now that the tide has turned, but noting was interested in biting. Decided to try trolling for a bit since I couldn't get anything to bite while casting. Slow trolled an Alabama rig in an area where I knew there were some fish. Gave it an hour or so for one good hit. I picked up the rod felt the weight of a decent fish then, nothing. Brought the rig back in with just some scales on the hook. Damn it is just not my day. Trolled all the way back to the ramp for one more hit on the A-rig that was gone by the time I got to the rod.

Threw the jerkbait on the way back as well just to get something to take a picture to prove that I can catch fish.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.


I couldn't get a striper in the boat, but at least the bass were willing to play and keep me entertained today. Post front conditions made it rough and made for a very humbling day on the water. I had my chances though that's for sure. Just wasn't able to capitalize on them. Still a great day on the water.

Till Next Time
Mark
Edit/Delete Message

No comments:

Post a Comment