Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jack on The Sac. 8/4/11

Went out to the honey hole again this morning for another crack at Mr. Salmon. Woke up to find my dad sleeping away, too bad for him snooze you lose. I went out the door and got on the water at 0630. Met our buddy Lucas out on the water. Conditions were a bit different today, A little bit windy and overcast. I didn't like it but it doesn't mean the fish wont bite. I was looking for that first fish within a couple of cast today but that didn't happen. 20 mins go by though and Lucas sets the hook into a fish.

0650 and Lucas sticks and lands a small Jack.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Only took him about a minute to land. With Lucas using 30lb braid that small fish wasn't going no where.

We kept on fishing, Lucas missed a few more hits and I didn't get anything. Still cool to see fish get caught though. I fished until 0900 and called it quits. Never seen much happen at this spot after 0830. Lucas stayed out a while longer. Haven't heard anything from him so I'm assuming he didn't get anything else.

Another good day on the water. Got to keep trying, I want to break that 20lb mark.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment