Monday, December 19, 2011

December Shad?

Went out to the port today with Deni. Got to a late start waiting on Deni to wake up we ended up getting on the water by 1230 or so. Anyways long story short on this one fish here for nothing fished there for nothing doing all of my usual stuff, but today I finally got some jigging spoons so I thought I'd give it a try. I just ran around the area looking for fish on the fish finder and tried there. I ended up getting this one fish in 40ft of water.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its a freaking American Shad! IN DECEMBER!!! I was blown away by it. I contemplated on throwing him back out with a hook in his ass but I didn't feel like dealing with it. Probably should have, but oh well. Needless to say we jigged pretty much the rest of the day till sun down for nothing else. I asked around and it seemed like all other fisherman were struggling today too. Glad we weren't the only ones. Hopefully it will pick back up soon.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark
Edit/Delete Message

No comments:

Post a Comment