Monday, January 9, 2012

Lake Amador Did it Again 1/9/12

With my dad's and my recent success at Amador we wanted to get back out there and do it again. I got Deni to come a long with time so she could see what "Slamador" is all about. Got on the water today around 1100 and trolled our way right over towards mountain springs. On the way my dad manage to hook and LDR one fish probably in the 2lb range on one of his Rapala's. Nothing else happened trolling though. We got back into the arm we saw some surfacing, but not as much as they were on Thursday. For today I noticed that I was running low on jig heads for my tubes and I wanted Deni to be the one using the jigs because they are what I have the most confidence in, so last night I tied up some flies that were weighted enough I could cast them on my UL set up. I tied a few buggers one in black one in olive and one marabou Black leech. We chased the surfacing fish around. Me with my flies, Deni with the crappie jigs, and my dad with his Rapala's.

After chasing fish around for close to an hour we finally get on top of some fish that were willing to bite. My dad draws first blood with a average 2lber. Shortly after I stick my first fish and it ends up being another toad. 10 min battle and some hectic moments with line going in and around the trolling motor I'm able to get my first fish of the day in the net.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now I brought my scale with me today and my scale is either off or my guesstimates are very modest, because this fish ended up weighing 8lbs. The weight that I thought my last fish was which was a bit bigger then this one. Either way with what it says I caught a 8lb trout hell yea! Good way to start the day. We stayed with this school for a while getting a few fish out of the pod. After that we tried trolling through the area and Deni got her first fish doing that on a white power grub. Ended up being a 5lber. Her best trout and so far her PB fish ever.

After that it was real hit and miss. You'd find a school maybe get a fish or two then spend another hour looking for one. We waited for sundown to come to see if they would start boiling again so we could get on them like last time, but blame it on the full moon I guess it never happened. With fishing in Mountain Springs being slow my dad thought it would be a good idea to go out to the main lake and chase the crusing fish out there, so off we went. Found an area near the mouth of Jackson where we saw a decent amount of fish rising. Deni and I ended up getting one more out here before we decided to call it quits.

Action wasn't as hot today, but it was still full of fish and good times. I ended with 4, my dad had 3, and deni had 2 along with tons of bites that we all missed and other lost fish.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deni with her PB

Another Great day on the water. Hopefully we will get some rain soon. I think its what we really need for fishing everywhere to pick up and get going.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment