Friday, February 24, 2012

Sac Port 2/24/12

With the weather being nice and sunny like it is spring time is here and I've got striper and bass fever. Didn't have to work until 1600 today thought I would make a run out to the port. Woke Deni up early and got out on the water by 0820. Tide was up today and we were fishing the out going. I stuck to trolling in some deeper waters instead of up real shallow next to the bank like I usually do during low tide. The decision paid off too. Not even 10 mins. into the troll one of my rods gets slammed. First fish of the day ended up being a nice keeper.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

roughly 21 inches or so.

I was trolling with two rods, one with just my usual swimbait I casted out a short distance to run shallow, and my Cali-bama rig to run deeper.

On our first troll Deni ended up missing 3 or 4 bites. She is still half asleep though and was sleeping on the job and ended up missed all of her hits. Further down the road I end up getting a small shaker.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We continue to troll up and down the canal for a pretty steady bite throughout the out going tide.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This guy really wanted it.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All fish caught on white swimbaits with pro-cure threadfin shad scent. On 1/2 ounce jig heads. We tried a lot of casting a long the bank where we were getting hits instead of trolling through it. Deni ended up getting one keeper near what looked like a storm drain that had a small trickle of water coming out of it. Besides that though all fish came on the troll.

Around 1200 the sun got high or we got some slack tide or something but the bite seemed to die down on us. I had to leave at 1300 to make it to work in time so the bite dieing down on us was fine it was time to go anyways. Back at the ramp I saw a guy who took his car topper boat out trolling rebels with a 15lber in his boat. Defiantly the biggest fish I have ever seen come out of the port.

We ended the day with 9 fish landed between the two of us. I landed 5, 3 being legal 19-23 inches. Deni landed 4 2 being legal 20-22 inches. Both of us missed dozens of hits as well. Nothing super big for us, but catching legal sized schoolies all day long is a lot of fun. I didn't have time to bass fish today unfortunatly because of work, but it didn't matter. Stripers were in the chew inside the canal and that was tons of fun. I never even went past the bridge into Lake Washington.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment