Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sacramento Port 2/16/2012

My buddy Brian just moved back to the Sac area from Washington recently and he told me its been too long now since he's been fishing so I had to take him out. Amador hasn't been at its best recently, and I haven't been to the port in some time so I thought we would go and check it out see how its doing. We launch the pontoon around 0730. I don't have any of my rods set up yet so I hand Brian a rod with a swim bait tied on and told him to cast that around while I got my gear together. As I'm getting my crap together I hear Brian make a depressing sigh and holding his rod up. He missed a hit right off the bat. 2 mins later he missed another, and then another! Crap man I need to get in the water. I tie on a cali-bama rig, I bought one at the ISE and I've been dieing to try it out. My 2nd cast with it I hook up and I stick the fish that Brian had missed 3 times.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First fish and a nice keeper size. Ended up being 23 inches long.

We cast along the bank for a while longer and got a few short taps but no more fish, so we went on the troll. Its obviously been a while for Brian, plus he has never caught a Striper before. He was missing hook sets left and right. After a while though he hooked up.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He got a nice keeper for himself as well.

The next few hours we kept on the troll and we had a steady consistent bite throughout the morning.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Average shaker.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brian is happy



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This guy was 18 inches on the dot.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Keepers were in town today too.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cali-Bama at work.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another Shaker.

Around 1200 we had what seemed like a slack tide and the bite died off. While we waited on that I thought I'd check out my cove I fish for bass. I toss a crank bait around for a bite and did end up getting one fish.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We tried for a while longer with crank baits and creature baits but nothing was biting. After that it was getting into the afternoon and my battery for the trolling motor was starting to die so I told Brian we had enough juice for one more troll then we need to get out of here. Lines out trying for one more fish eye's glues on the rods. Brian gets a hit and missed it, then I get one, miss it. Then Brian gets one more hit and makes it count.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A kiss for the last fish of the day.

Ended the day there, 9 stripers between us, 6 being keepers 18-23 inches. Plus my one bass. With not being here in a while idk why I've been gone so long this place is great. Great day on the water and it was good to get my friend Brian back out on the water.

Great time on the water today, now I need to start packing for Pardee.

Till Then Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment