Monday, November 12, 2012

2 Amador Nights

Did two more night shifts at Amador Thursday 11/8/12 and Friday 11/9/12.

Thursday night we got out late. Off of work at 2030, picked up ethan and Deni and didn't manage to get on the water until 2300. Only one other group of people on the dock tonight nice and quiet. Ethan bangs one out pretty quick on powerbait and I'm quick to follow with other later with one on my glow tube. After that the bite was slow though, maybe an hour later Deni finally pops one on a glow tube and I manage to farm one. No trout jumping tonight either, I think the cold front may have put them off or something cause it just wasn't the same as it has been the past few nights.

We left at 0300 with one trout each and a crappie I slammed on my jig.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I wanted to stay later to get a few more, but it was freezing cold out there and Deni and Ethan couldn't take it anymore.

Next night Garrett has been dieing to hit the night bite at Amador and talked me into going with him. Earlier start today got on the water around 2000, showed up to see 20 people on the dock, that's friday night for you. Found a spot on the dock and dropped our lines in. Both of us working a powerbait rod about 12ft down and jigging glow tubes about 8ft deep. 5 mins. into it I pop one on the jig and get the skunk off. Looking around action was still fairly slow, but defiantly better then it was last night. Not much was hitting on powerbait last night or tonight for us. Most or all of our hits came on the glow jigs.

Later in the night the crowd started to clear and we grabbed a spot on the dock a little more protected from the wind. Right was we did though the rain came pouring down on us for roughly 45 mins until it completely passed. Luckily we both had enough rain gear to keep us dry enough to where we weren't miserable throughout the night. I got my limit of trout around 1130 and after that I was able to grab a few shad with my bait net and drop them down and get into a couple of crappie.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Bite wasn't hot, but it kept me entertained while Garrett kept trying to get the rest of his trout limit. Garrett had the hardest time finding the trout though. Eventually I just told him watch its easy. Showing off a little and just having some fun with it I grabbed my spool of line and dropped some powerbait down on a hand line to see what I could do with that. 3 mins. later my hand line got hammered and I had one hell of a time trying to hand line that trout in. Got pretty hairy for a bit with him swimming all around in the dock and getting tangled up with other lines but I got him in. One of those things its fun to do, but I do it once and I'm good. Fishing with a rod is much easier.

Garrett did find a bite though afterwards on some powerbait.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Fished until 0200. Had a load of fish and cold was getting to us again.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Garrett with our catch.

This night was much more productive then the last. I think I'm gonna start making day trips now though, its getting pretty cold at nights now.

Till Then Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment