Sunday, November 4, 2012

Amador Last Friday Night

Hit Amador again Friday night 11/2/12. Again had plenty of friends that wanted to go, but almost all flaked on me again. No matter, my buddy Adam still wanted to go and so did I. Got out of band practice and took off for the lake. Got on the water just around 2100 and man I know it was Friday night but it was crowded out on the dock. Just after we got out there I counted 20 people on the dock, ended up being really noisy which drives me crazy fishing on the dock, especially at night. I like the quiet the night brings, but its just not there with that many people out there, but it didn't bug me too much cause pretty much everyone everywhere was slamming fish. Lots of guys slamming the trout on bait, didn't see what they had for bait, but I would have to guess powerbait. That's what I was using any ways. A lot of people were fishing glow in the dark crappie jigs too, and were hooking up pretty often on em.

Adam and I dropped down some powerbait rods and got hit pretty quick.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Adam's first fish of the night.

I ended up getting my limit in about two hours on pb and just did some catch and release on my jigs after that till Adam got his limit.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Hooked most of my fish on the jig jigging straight up and down about 7ft down, but I got a lot too casting out to splashes I heard and just worked the jig along the surface.

About 0130 the crowds started thinning out, and by that time it was just Adam, I, and another group of 3 guys which ended up being a lot nicer.

We left around 0230 with limits for the both of us and left the lake pretty happy. Couldn't find any crappie tonight, but it didn't matter cause the trout bite was hot. Some day I'll come out here for a day trip, but the night bite is too much fun right now.

Til Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment