Tuesday, December 4, 2012

City Limit Trout 12/3/12

When I was fishing on Melones with Garrett He told me that Hagen Park in Rancho got stocked. I used to fish here a lot back in highschool and since I was gonna be in the area anyways I found the time to go and give the pond a shot while I was in Rancho for school. Got to the pond around 1200 and my friend Adam was all ready out there slamming a few.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Only him and one other guy out there which was nice not having to deal with a crowd. I walked around and found a few that wanted to hit a jig.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I just kept moving and working water till I found a consistent area with biting fish. After that it was pretty easy pickings.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I was working jigs the majority of the time. Adam was slamming most of his fish on powerbait.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Lots of memories fishing at this pond. Plenty of good and bad, but I love being able to fish a city pond with great action. Especially back when this pond was only a 10 min. walk from my house.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I gave my friend Brian a call and told him to come on down and join in on some of action. Took a little convincing but I got him and his girlfriend to come down and fish a little bit. Pretty easy convincing when the location is so close and it doesn't cost them a dime.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Didn't take long to get them on fish.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I had them set up with a powerworm under a bobber and it was getting hit pretty frequently.

Ashayla with her first fish ever.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Close to 1530 Garrett finally got out of school and came down to join us. He had a goal of having a double with himself that he never was able to achieve, but he gave it his all in trying for it.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Closer to sundown the action started to pick up even more.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


The crowds started coming out too though and the sun was setting so we all called it a day around sundown. Not really sure how many I caught. I usually stop counting after 5, but I know I was some where close to 30 when Garrett arrived. Everyone else was doing just as good. Only person I saw doing better then us was a kid throwing some roe that the trout were just hammering.

Felt great getting back to an area where I learned a lot of my roots. I spent a lot of my time as a teenager at this pond and learned how to fly fish here. Also learned how to keep crowds away from you here all in the same process if you know what I man Lots of fun doing some C&R all day and just fishing with friends.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment