Monday, December 31, 2012

Hagen Park Trout

Well update on me for everyone I am currently between two jobs at the moment and until I start my
new job I've been so broke I can't even afford fishing trips anymore, I still have to get my fix in some how though so when I get the chance I've been hitting Hagen when I'm in Rancho Cordova to see the girl friend. Hit the pond Friday 12/14/12 with my friend Adam after the most recent stock. Moved away from the majority of the crowd on the pond and found a school of fish holding close to a weed line and we went to town on them for a while.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


We got most of our fish on chartruese powerworms under a bobber and I showed Adam how to drop shot powerworms and he ended up catching the majority of his fish on that. We would pound the fish for the better part of a half hour or so then they would move on us we would have to find em again and once we did we would get bites left and right. Best technique I saw one gentlemen was working a trout magnet under a bobber and he was doing most of the catching by far. Ended that day with about 15 fish for each of us.

Went back Sunday 12/16/12 with Deni to kill a few hours. Found fish in the same spot but not in the same numbers as Friday.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Been growing the beard out since I've been out of work.

I managed to pop 3 on a powerworm on a drop shot and one on powerbait with in 30 mins, but as I was working to get my 5th a cormorant came swimming through and scared all of my fish off.

Kept working the pond for another hour until my school finally came back and I popped my last one on rainbow powerbait.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


After that Deni was pretty cold and was getting bored from struggling to find a bite so we called it a day from there.

I should be back to work within another week hopefully. I need cash to make it to the Christmas bash and I still have a sturgeon out there waiting for me with my name on it.

Till Then Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment