Sunday, January 26, 2014

Golfing and Fishing at Amador 1/26/14

Didn't know Amador had a course did you? Well maybe not the kind of course you were thinking of. Took Deni out to play a round of disc golf on Lake Amador's new course with the plan of wrapping up the day with some trout on a stringer hopefully.

Got to the lake around 1000 and went straight for the course. It's a hobbie I'm hoping to get a little more into. I know it's not fishing so I won't talk about it too much. If anyone cares to try this some day though. Amador definitely isn't a beginners course. The first 5 holes are a breeze. Nice straight clear shots in open area's.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


but pretty much hole 6 to the end, your climbing up and over hills and trying to throw disc's through BS like this.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Made for some fun, but very challenging tosses. Wrapped that up just after 1200 or so after making fools out our selfs out there it was time to try and catch some fish.

Made our first stop at the dam. Saw a few people with fish on stringers and a few rising so I thought it would be worth a shot. Deni threw a powerworm out under a bobber and laid down, she was beat after climbing up and down all of those hills. I tossed out a powerbait rod and tossed my jig around. Deni missed a good hit right off the bat not looking at her rod. I stood up above the water looking for any cruisers so I could try my sight fishing thing and just toss jigs at the fish I could see.

Didn't take long for me to see about a dozen fish cruising the banks. Tossed in and hooked up right away and got the skunk off. Kept at it for another hour for several chasers. Switched up colors till I found one they really wanted. Got a second hook up that broke me off after seeing so many fish just chase my jig and not commit to it. Sure enough though I had a kid come over right next to me to practice his casting on the sissy stick and a group of cousin's came over and started tossing there 1 ounce weights and giant water bobbers right in front of me. There goes my shot at any more cruisers.

Got Discouraged from that, so Deni and I packed up shop and took off towards the spillway. Stopped and fished a couple of different spots until we found a cove that fish were consistently holding in. Deni was the first to get one here on her powerworm.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I was able to stick one on a gold kastmaster shortly after that.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Kept working our way further back into the cove for more bites here and there. Stuck a few more fish on the powerworms in pink and chartreuse as well as the kastmaster, but a few came unbuttoned as well a couple got stuck in the trees along the shoreline. It was kind of a rough day. Fished until sundown for 4 on the stringer and just as many or more farmed or missed. Kind of a tough bite, but still a fantastic day on the water with my girl.

Can't wait to do it again.

Our catch at the cleaning station.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Talked to a few boaters at the cleaning station. One boat had their limits, but they said they stopped on a point and soaked powerbait to get it. Beyond that the trolling bite they said was tough, not to mention they said they had their trolling lines cut twice by other boaters coming up behind them and trolling over their lines. Most bankers I saw had fish but only maybe 1-3 per person. I don't know why it seemed like people struggled more today. Maybe it was overcast or just the crowds, it was packed today.

Fishing is good though if you go you will catch fish. Look for risers and don't be afraid to do some searching if your off the bank. Not all of the fish are at the dam despite the amount of people over there fishing it.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment