Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bassing with Dad 4/24/14

Ran back to my new discovered lake with my Dad to target bass and try to show him the
crappie bite I discovered. Got a late start to the lake and dropped the tin can in just after 1400. Ran back to the area's that were working for me before, but most of them are now 5 ft above the water, water level is dropping fast. Fish were still around though. I started off throwing my jerkbait around and it was still working. Didn't take too long for me to get the skunk off.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Nothing huge but catching fish is always fun. My dad was looking for a bigger bite as always tossing spinnerbaits and bigger worms trying to find something that was really picture worthy. He was hooking fish fairly consistently, but didn't quite get the bite he was looking for.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Weather was pretty rough today with the storm moving in. We were battling with the wind all day, but with a nice over cast sky above I put my jerk bait away and started throwing a spook to fill my top water fix.

Even in the choppy weather I was still getting blow ups and having success on the spook.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


After getting a few fish on the spook I put it down and busted out my sissy stick and I threw a popper fly I've been wanting to try for a while. Pre-front conditions were rough to fish in, but the fish were biting and they were hitting hard and they loved the fly.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Spent the rest of the day going to town on the smaller just barely legal sized fish on the fly.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.


When the wind got too rough we trolled Rapala's around and did managed putting 4 crappie in the box up to 14 inches and missed/lost a few others all in about an hour of trolling for them. Weather started drizzling on us and the wind was only getting stronger as the evening progressed so we threw in the towel around 1930 calling it a great day. Always awesome getting on the water with pops.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment