Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lake Amador 10/24/11

Addicted to slamador right now had to get back out to get my trout fix in. Brought a new fishing partner with me today. Brought a friend of mine Adam. Cool to get to fish with him, we actually were both in the fly fishing club in High School together, where we both learned how to fly fish. Cool to get on the water with him. Adam has never been to Amador before and his biggest trout he has ever caught before was probably around 12 inches. We had to fix that. Walked down and fished the south side of the dam today. Got on the water around 1530 and saw fish jumping everywhere.

I got to the water and stuck my first fish on my second cast.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Average fish so far this season. I went on to get a fish here and there and missed fish left and right. Lots of fish cruising around that would just short strike my jig. Stuck with the red and white color today.

Adam was trying various Rapala's and getting lots of chasers, but he couldn't get one to commit. He kept switching up lures to get something to work for him. He found a mep's spinner in his box that he tried and stuck his first cut bow on.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

His biggest trout ever too. New PB for Adam.

I eventually convinced him to throw one of my jigs on and try that. He went on to catch a half a dozen bluegills, but no more trout. We fished until Sundown and decided to call it a day from there. I managed to land 4, lose 3 and miss many more.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Our line up of the day.

Another great day on the water. Can't wait for the next.

Till Next Time
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment