Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Amador Again 11/1/11

My dad is back from vacation and has been dieing to get back out fishing with all of the pictures I've been sending him from my Amador trips. We slept in and got on our usual late start. On the water at 1430 fishing off of the dam. First cast with my jig I get a chaser and he hits my jig 4 times, but I couldn't stick him. My dad tossed out his J-7 Rapala and ended up getting one on his 3rd cast.

We kept going on and my dad made quick work with his Rapala getting or losing one every 5 or 10 mins. I on the other hand could only get chasers and short strikes. After a few hours I couldn't stick any trout and I just felt like I lost my mojo and it just wasn't my day. I found some mosquito hooks in my tackle bag so I threw one on and went to see if I could find and catch some shad to try for live bait. I couldn't get any shad but bluegills were plentiful.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't think the trout would hit a bluegill but it was worth a shot, and hey maybe I might get a bass. I saw a school of trout swim by and I tossed the bluegill in the middle of them. The second it hit the water I thought the bluegill was fighting a little harder then usual. I looked in the water and I saw a bass down there munching on my bluegill. I opened up my spool and let em have it. I looked at my dad and said watch this. With my Ultra light rod 2lb test and everything free lining a bluegill and I get this small largemouth



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not trout but hey I am not skunked and man was it fun.

Sun started going down and I noticed the trout started boiling on the surface instead of their usual jumping. Seeing this I decided to just float some powerbait on the surface and I tossed a glowbug out on my fly rod and just floated it on top. Sure enough the trout were all over it. I was getting rises on either rod every minute. Unfortunatly 80% of all of the rises the trout were missing the bait. Way cool just to watch though. Its just like top water for trout!

I ended up getting 2 on my powerbait. I never connected on my fly rod.

Ended the night there after the fish stopped rising. Got home and cleaned up our catch.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Will make up a good fish fry.

Not my best day at Amador, but probably had the most fun today with the bluegills, bass, and rising trout. I ended up with 2 missed idk how many hits, my dad caught 3 lost 5 and also missed countless hits. Good to be fishing with my dad again, even though he kicked my ass today . . . . . always good to get on the water.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment