Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jigging Miller Park 9/23/12

I got a fish finder for my boat and my buddy Adam was helping me install it. In return I had to take him out fishing of course. Had some friends telling me that Miller has been hot the past couple of days, so I thought I would go out and try jigging it. Early in the beginning of the season I told myself now that I have my boat I had to get a salmon on a jig, something I've never done before and wanted to get a salmon on a new method, and I had a good feeling today. Launched at 0630ish, and headed up to the 80 bridge. I tried trolling up a little bit, but it became a bit of a hassle so I gave that up pretty quick. First drop down I see some arcs on the fish finder, sweet school is moving through. Not even a minute into the drift my jig gets grabbed and I'm hooked up. In only about 13ft of water the second I hooked up I saw flash in the murky sac water, man this fish must be chrome. Little guys put up one hell of a fight for his size, but this Jack wasn't getting away from me.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Representing my Sac State colors.

Small guy, but man was it chrome! The picture does it no justice, but there was literally a sun glare coming off of this fish.

Felt great to get the skunk off that fast. Jigged the rest of the morning for nothing else though. I saw one other jigger hook up with a fish the same size as mine. I talked to him real quick and he told me he has been coming out almost every other day the past couple of weeks and hasn't gotten skunked yet. Good to hear. Off of the water by 0930 so I could make it to my Sac State Football game in time. If you ask me Salmon season is in full swing man lets go out there and get em!

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment