Saturday, October 6, 2012

AR limit 10/6/12

Out at it again this morning. I just can't get enough man, its an addiction and salmon is freaking delicious. Met Ethan and my buddy Daryl at the gate at 0430 and made it out to be the first ones on the line. Early bird gets the worm. First cast in at 0606. First drift a guy at the top of the line hooks up and lands the first fish of the day. Couple more fish get hooked and lost shortly after. 0620 I get my first hook up and the battle is on for me. This is the earliest I've ever fought a fish for more then 3 seconds and running through the dark when you can't see your line is a pretty hairy scenario. I managed to walk my fish all the way up to the top of the line just for it to go crazy and take a huge run right back down the line at everyone's feet. I managed to work it back half way up the line, but a fisherman who couldn't see my fish in the dark hooked onto my fish. Luckily he hooked my fish and not my line, so I had an extra hand to help my bring that fish into the bank with great easy now that I was only bearing half of the weight.

First fish on the stringer by 0630, that's how to start off the day right there. We had a decent flurry of fish coming through until about 0720 then it died off on us. People didn't start hooking up again until roughly 0810. I get my next hook up in the flurry. Two different other lines got tangled in me line. I had the fish on just long enough to clear the lines then that was ran and spit the hook. 2nd cast later all is good I hooked up again. Clear of lines this time was able to walk my fish down the line and bring him right to shore easily and for great reason. Caught without a doubt by far my PB smallest salmon ever. Fish must have only been 2 1/2lbs maybe barely more.

That's my limit though. Bleed my fish got my crap together and made it home in time to write this report and head off to work. Not as many hook ups today we didn't really have as many fish moving through. I got lucky enough though to get a fairly quick limit and one hell of a good morning. I'll be back to do it again tomorrow. Like I said, its an addiction.

My fish


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Bigger fish weighed 23lbs. Didn't weigh the small one.

2012 had been one epic salmon season for me and its still going strong. Wondering when I'll get sick of salmon and move onto some other fish . . . . probably wont be any time too soon, fishing it just too good right now.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment