Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Couple Days on The AR

Fished the river for some more salmon the past few days. Can't afford Amador, but I still got to get my fix in. Salmon are still here and the river is pretty much on my way to school so it works out perfectly. Slept in a little bit Monday morning 10/29/12 got on the water around 0930. Expecting a crowd to be out there I come to the line to only find two people out there today. Everyone was probably hung over from celebrating the Giant's win I guess.

Guys on the line told me fishing had been pretty good real early but it slowed down since. Kind of expected that since I showed up pretty late, but fish are still there. The majority of the morning I saw a lot of fish moving through, but had a hard time hooking up. Later on about 1045 ish I managed to hook up and land a 10lb buck with a bit of red to him. Didn't snap and picture sorry. Me and one other fisherman stuck it out into the afternoon. 1230 I was the only guy left on the river still casting Still saw some fish moving through but less and less as the hours went on. I had a fish on fish off around 1200 and then hooked up one more time about 1300. My second fish though was not good looking at all though.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Beat up dieing hen, let her go so she could spawn out.

I ended up catching one more fish for the rest of the day. Not even casting I was just watching salmon swimming by me with my line in the water when I felt a couple of strong tugs on my line and was just thinking what the hell I got a bite?

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


This little guy grabbed my bead and got himself hooked. Fun little catch, even though he wasn't big he put up one hell of a fight for his size. Fished til 1400 before I had to leave for class.

I wasn't planning on fishing today, but Deni called me and said she wanted to carve pumpkins so I went and did that with her and stayed in Rancho to hit the river before I had to go to work.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Our pumpkins.

Tuesday 10/30/12 I woke up earlier and got on the water around 0630. Joined a line up of 6 guys today and fished it hard, but it was slow this morning. Out of everyone we only had maybe 5 hook ups by 0830 and only one fish landed. 0840 though we started getting some more fish to come through and everyone started getting into some fish. 0855 I finally get my first hook up and land this beauty.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Good looking buck for this time of year.

I went back out to join the line and broke off 2 cast later. I went to re-tie and realized I left my box back at shore when I was dealing with my fish. I had to leave in 30 mins anyways and I got a fish now figured I'd just call it from there.

Good couple of outings and got some more salmon to enjoy.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment