Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Favorite Color is Crome

I finally think I've really gotten the hang on beading here on the American, Most days I would go out, hook 5-10 fish and lose all of them. With some guidance from Ant I learned a better way to fight these fish in the current and my batting average has been going up. Monday 10/1/12 went out, second one to the line and managed to land two nice hens, out of 5 hook ups. Off of the water before 1000.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I haven't caught a limit of salmon in at least 8 years if not more, so I was stoked with getting these two fish in.

10/2/12 I'm back out for more, Arrived at the gate at 0440 to be the first one in line and the gate was already open. Right on! I have come to very much like being the first one on the water so I can get the spot I like. Means I got to wake up earlier, but it pays off in the end. Land my first fish of the day on my second hook up around 0800 ish. Nice big female.

Hook a few more fish and lose em. All part of the game. I hook into one more which would be my fifth hook up for the day and I could tell immediately he was a hog. Sitting still and just didn't want to move. I was trying to pull him then all of a sudden I heard a big "CRACK!!!" my f%$*ing rod snapped! but I still had the fish on. Holy crap can I still do this? Some how I was still managing to gain line on him for a while which gave me the confidence that I could still land this fish. Everyone in the line was rooting for me. I realized to I no longer have a rod to fish with so if I lose this fish I'm done, got to get em. Fish makes a run down the rapids to a point where I can't pull him back up. I told myself I wouldn't ever chase a fish down the rapids just cause the effort never seemed worth it to me when your chances of losing the fish in them are so great, but this is do or die here I had to get em.

Fish got tangled up in 3 different rocks that I managed to work it out of some how. As I was gaining some line I saw I had a stick wrapped up and tangled in my line, man this doesn't look good, but a few more pulls about a 1/4 mile down river later I beached the fish and brought him it. When I pulled him in to top it off I grabbed the hook and it popped right out when I barely even touched it. Man I got lucky on this one. Grabbed my fish and walked back up river. Sad about my rod, but felt so accomplished I didn't care.

Eating good tonight baby.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 717x960.


I'll have to find another salmon rod to fish with while I wait for my clarus to come back in the mail. I'll work something out or maybe I'll take a break and get some sleep for once we'll see. Two limits in two days though man fishing and life is good. Off of the water today by 0900.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment