Friday, May 24, 2013

AR Grey Ghost Spotting

Went out to the AR with my friend Nikolay for shad today. Otw around 1530 and found the fish almost immediately. Got onto a couple of big
schools that stayed in a general area around which allowed us to get a quick few. Maybe 10 mins into it though we saw a HUGE!!! Grey shadow prowl through the area. A few call them the "Grey Ghost." I have always referred to him as "The Tank." She is a monster striper probably 40+inches long some 25+lbs. All season I have seen a couple of schoolie stripers lurking in the area, but no big guys. Finally I've spotted one and I line a shad out and was dedicated to getting that fish.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


Nikolay kept getting into a few shad while I was waiting on my striper.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Fish were moving around a lot today with the big momma striper working the area. Made it hard to stay on the fish, but the few times we did get on em the bite was good for that short while. Fished today until 1830. Nikolay had places to be. I had that shad out the entire time we were there too after I saw the striper, but no love for me today. Maybe someday soon. 3 hours on the water brought roughly 13 shad to the boat with a few more lost and missed between the two of us.

News on our water, I was told flows will be brought up to 2,000 cfs sometime in June. Could not get an exact date, but there are plans on them coming up. There is light at the end of the tunnel for the AR here. We'll see how things pick up when that happens.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment