Monday, June 24, 2013

Dad's on The AR

Well as far as I'm concerned shad season on the AR has come and gone. A few weeks ago I got skunked on an outing for em and to be skunked in June, the usual peak of the season on the AR . . . . there are no words for how pitiful and ridiculous that is. No where in really particular has peaked my interest much to go fishing for recently so I've been staying local and diving on the AR to grab some crawdads. Usually I have a few friends that come down to hang out at the river with me. Some try to dive with me and grab the crawdads, but they either aren't strong enough swimmers to get down to em and chase em (yes those suckers can move pretty fast under water if they want to be), or they are just too scared of em to pick em up without the fear of getting pinched. I usually just grabbed bare handed, but I've given a few of my friends gloves and they still wont touch em.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Recently Ethan has been coming out with me too and he actually helps in contributing to the bucket which is nice. I usually do two hour sessions on the river and on a good day I can fill up half of a 5 gallon bucket with mud bugs.

The other day I found the biggest crawdad I've ever seen in my life.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


I know they get this big on a regular basis in some mountain lakes, but for the AR this guy is a real lobster.

I never got to measure him out, but this picture really puts it to scale on his size.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


And then a comparison between him and an average sized AR dad.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


Been putting my work in and I must say the reward for it is awesome.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I usually throw some sausage and a bunch of veggies in the pot to boil with em. The other day and made an Alfredo pasta with the meat from the tails in it that was killer! I'm getting more creative with my receipts for em, and they all are delicious.

This is where I'll probably be and where you'll find me for the next few weeks for the most part until salmon season opens. Even with shad gone I find ways to get my summer fishing fix in.

Till Next Time
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment