Monday, February 4, 2013

American Weekend 2/2-2/3

Was scheduled to work 0800-1600 both Saturday and Sunday, but I got switched both days to work 1200-2100. Figured I could hit the AR in the mornings real quick before I went in to work. Saturday I ran down solo to my little honey hole. Found several fish hugging the bank. Threw my beads all morning and had a hell of a time out there. Within 15 mins. I landed my first fish.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I tried letting this guy go because he is pretty gross looking, but he worn him self out in the fight and he just went belly up in the water. Didn't want to let a fish go back just to die for no reason so I threw him on the stringer. He should still smoke up ok.

Second fish I got about 20 mins later

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Wild fish, let him go. Biggest of the day so far. Never got a measurement on him.

Both of these fish I got now are dark beat up fish. Trying to look for a cleaner/chrome fish, which I haven't seen all season. I haven't even see anyone out at the hatchery pull any chromers out yet.

I managed to stick and land one more fish before I had to go to work.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Not a chromer, but much cleaner and I'll take it. Limited out off to work. Both of my keepers measured out at 30 inches.

Sunday, one of my friends I know Nikolay asked me to show him out to the honey hole so I brought him and another friend Paul. Instead of the several fish I usually see hanging around the bank I only saw 2. Figured it was because I hit them pretty hard the day before. Either way were here lets give it our best shot. Paul managed to hook up once 5 mins. in, but it popped off after a couple of seconds. We all gave it a good 2 hours for nothing else though. Paul and Nikolay kept telling me how this magic honey hole was nothing but a fish story, lol. We did see a few swim by us every now and then, and a fish would rise every 30 mins or though. We just couldn't hook into em. 0900 Nikolay and Paul take off to make it home in time to relax and get everything together before the big game. I still didn't have to be at work for 3 more hours, so I stayed to hopefully get into something.

Saw a few fish
move in after they left, thinking maybe the small crowd of people a long the bank had the fish spooked and moved off. Not many came back, but enough did to keep me entertained enough for me to keep wanting to try for them. 0945 I finally connected into one and landed my first fish of the day.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


My smallest, but by far the prettiest fish I have caught yet. Feeling Accomplished with my one fish, I packed up and left to get some breakfest before work.

Spent the rest of my day working through a crazy rush of people shopping before the game, but luckily I was able to cut out early enough to catch the forth quarter to see my Ravens take the Super Bowl Championship!!! Been a great weekend. I'll give my honey hole a few days rest to come back before I hit it again. I'll have to start exploring the AR more for more steelie spots. Hopefully I can find a few chromers out there.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment