Monday, March 18, 2013

New Ride! First Trip 3/18/13

Ever since the first time I took my dad out on my
12ft boat, I knew he was thinking in his head, "I am not going to tolerate fishing with my son in this little tub boat for too long." Ever since then he had been watching the boards pretty closely looking for a deal on a bigger boat. Last week my dad came across this on the sniffer.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/boat-sales-classified-ads/103332-17-5-60hp-1990-spectrum.html

1,000 grand?!?!?! That's a deal! My dad could not pass it up. Got that thing home we put in some new gear lube and gas and that baby fired right up.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Once we got it running we both looked and each other and said river lets go. Threw in the gear hooked her up and off to New Hope we went. She turns over great and idled wonderfully. Took a while for it to warm up and get up to full rev, but it got up there and man what an up grade from my little boat with the 9.9 johnson on it!

Low tide is here and coming so we ran over to the North fork of the Moke and ran down there. Started off trolling the shallow divers and 5 mins in I get two HNS.

This was mostly just a test run of the boat and the motor so if any fish get caught in the process that's just going to be icing on the cake for us. One thing on the boat I couldn't help but laugh at is the fish finder.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Nothing wrong with it, but I feel like I'm playing a game of Tetris when ever I'm looking at it.

Kept trolling down river working the motor out for nothing. We passed up a sweet looking reed area and couldn't help but stop to plug for a while. No trolling motor though, Will have to get a bow mount one soon. Stopped up river to throw while we drifted a long. I threw a spook for a while my dad threw rattle traps and swimbaits. After 30 mins of nothing I saw a small boil up river from us. Gunned over there and tossed into the school. Right away I got a couple boils, worked them back all the way to the boat then before I knew it I saw 20+ fish under my spook all taking swings at it. Finally one grabbed my plug and my dad stuck one in the same school on his swimbait.

First outing in the new boat and and our first catch is a double!!!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Out freaking standing. On top of all of that its my first fish of the year on top water!

We kept working the area, but never found the school again. Moved up to a new spot and found a new school. My dad stuck another quick two on his swimbait.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


I proceeded to get several more boils on my spook and even hooked into a 8+lb fish that came unbuttoned, but no more fish landed for me. Didn't matter we both had a blast and super happy everything worked out great with the boat. All fish released today so no blood in the boat, but the fish did leave us a present.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Typical, happens though. Luckily that's my dad's seat haha!

Ended our day around 1900 made it back to the ramp by sun down. Great amazing success. Can't wait to get back out on the water with this thing.

To anyone who is interested yes I am going to sell the First Impression. I do remember Ryan (BeefCakeScout) asked me about selling it back when I bought it so I want to give him first dibs but beyond that if anyone is interested let me know I'll name a price soon.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment