Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pardee Afternoon 3/2/13

Had a Saturday off and I've had a lot of my friends asking me to take them fishing for a while, but they all only have weekends off. Thought it would be a decent idea to take everyone out to Pardee for some easy trout fishing. Arrived out at the lake around 1100. Took a quick look at the island and there is no water there!!! The water level has dropped a good 10 ft since I've been here 2 weeks ago. Whats up with that? My plans of fishing off of the spillway again I'm sure are screwed. Made the run over to the spillway to look and yea next to no water there and no fish of course. Walked out to the point off porcupine pt. and found an open spot a long the bank big enough for my group I brought out with me. Right when I decided on a spot too I noticed Garrett (Guppy) was right there next to where I was setting up. That was convenient. Threw powerbait out and got my friends set up with the same.

There was a big school of fish rising out on the point in front of some other fisherman out there. Was hoping they would move over towards us so we could get a chance at em or wait it out since I knew those guys were close to limiting out. While we were waiting I managed to hook up once throwing a crappie jig under a bobber, but it snapped right as I got it close to shore. It was pretty dead for us for a good hour or more after that. I missed one more hit and Deni missed one doing the same thing I was. All of my friends I brought got kinda bored and began playing frisbee with the top off of a chip can. It was like watching a bunch of 6 year olds being bored when fishing was slow, but it was way funnier since were all in our early 20's lol. While they were playing around I noticed my friend Ryan's rod was doubling over and I told him, "Hey Ryan you got a bite bro." He looked over and quickly ran over and picked his rod up.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Fish on baby!

Ryan then manages to land the first fish of the day for us.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Nice chunky
truck trout.

After a while a few people limited out and Garrett and I moved in on their spot. Garrett quickly proceeded to catch a couple and lose probably about 7 or so. After seeing Garrett catch a few and miss close to a dozen a fisherman next to us was getting jealous and casted over the top of our bobbers a few times, very obviously on purpose and we had our little argument. Guy was just pissed off cause were just a bunch of dumb ass kids who were catching fish and they weren't. Fun times. This guy even at one point tired walking over to me to get in my face and I didn't say it, but I gave him that look like really? Are you going to really try to do something like that when I have 6 other friends here with me. One of which who stands at least 6'6". You ain't doing nothing man. Don't know why he wanted to cast towards us anyways there were way move fish jumping right in front of him. Eventually he left and we took their spot and fishing went off for us after that. Everyone got rigged up with crappie jigs and we went to town on the trout.

Ashayla wasn't fishing and requested my phone to take pictures, so it was awesome I got to have someone else take pictures all day while I got to fish and help my other friends.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Garrett with one of his first.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


My first of the day.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Deni with her's

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Bendo

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


Deni bringing em up.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Kiss for good luck.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Steven's fish

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Me helping out Ryan with one of his.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


More bendo!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Yea life is good today.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Fish were here and man oh man were they biting.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.


Garrett's killing em.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Everyone trying for em while Brian enjoyed the view.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


For the first time he's been fishing in year's Ryan was doing great with casting and catching fish.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Garrett even busted out the fly rod and banged out a few on that.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Steven with another good one.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Brian and Ashayla didn't fish today cause they couldn't afford license's, but as you can tell Ashayla had a blast taking all of the pictures and Brian is a guy who also just loves being outside.

What worked today:
-Chartreuse and pink powerworms
-Rainbow powerbait
-Crappie tube jigs with 1/16th ounce jig heads in various colors, White, black/yellow, green, yellow, red, etc. It didn't really matter what color it was.
-Procure shad scent made a difference.

We stayed until it got dark, landed probably close to 40 fish between all of us. Did a lot of C&R today and kept close to 15 for dinner for everyone tonight. Took a while to get on the fish, but it was worth the wait for when we did. Fishing was great, company was even better. Even with the craziness of combat fishing we still all had a blast. I can't wait to get all of these guys on shad this summer.

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment