Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sacramento Port 3/5/13

Got off work early today and was planning on trying to fish somewhere. I've been dieing to target some stripers for the first time this year. Picked up Steven and first we stopped by the Rossmoor honey hole to see if we could pick up a quick steelie, but it was baron. Nothing but sucker fish around. Fished for maybe 20 mins. knew it was hopeless and left for the port. Got to the port around 1330, and just walked the banks fan casting 5 inch white fish
traps. Using 1/2 ounce jig heads and coating them in pro cure shad scent. Worked for a little over a half hour 3 different spots and I finally got the skunk off of with my first green carp of the 2013.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


Scrappy little 14 incher.

Told Garrett I was gonna be out here today and I would send him a text if I got him anything. Got the text back. "I was hoping that that was a picture of a striper." Right after I read that text I made another cast and got hammer. Stuck and landed my second striper of 2013 and my first one on a lure this year.



Nice looking schoolie at 20 inches.

Kept working the shore line fan casting away trying to work the entire area. Steven managed to hook up once as well.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.


20 and 3/4's of an inch.

Steven first striper ever! Cherry popped!

We kept fishing till close to six. The last hour I got bored and tried throwing a sweat beaver for some bass and a little bit of top water, but nothing happened with that. Put in some work today, but it was well worth the reward for me. Fishing wasn't great, but I have been dying to come out here to try for em. Now that I know they are here I may have to bring the toon and really try harder for em.

Till Next Time Guys

No comments:

Post a Comment