Saturday, March 26, 2011

Elk Grove Park 3/26/11

Today I went to Elk Grove High School to watch my old High School's (Cordova High School) Winter Line and Winter Guard perform at their competition. Between performances I had a few hours to kill, so I went to elk grove park to see if I could get a trout to bite. Yesterday I went and bought a new bait casting set up with a Abu Garcia Revo S reel on a Okuma Reflexions rod that I can use while I'm waiting for my broken lamiglass to get replaced. I bought this for bass, stripers, and maybe salmon. A bit heavy for trout, especially for me since I've gotten really used to using 2lb test for them, but I just wanted to get a feel for the new rod.

My friend Brian was with me I had my UL rod with me so I handed it to him and we did a lap around the pond casting a long the way. Our friend Carl was with us too, not fishing just hanging out. I'm throwing a 1/4 kastmaster with Brian trying my standard crappie jigs. As were walking around Carl and I were talking when he accidently dropped a piece of paper in the water from his pocket. He felt bad about littering so I was reeling my kastmaster towards the paper floating in the water to try and get it. Right as my kastmaster comes into view I pull it towards the paper and out of no where I see this white flash where my lure was, I thought for a second, what the heck was that? . . . . wait . . . . FISH ON!!!



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I came out here just wanting to get a feel for my new rod. Didn't plan at all on catching a fish and hey what do you know? Out of random luck I was able to get one



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We finish our walk around the pond without another bite. I feel pretty accomplished though. Got way more then what I expected.

We went back to the comp. to watch performances for the rest of the day. For anyone who doesn't know what Winter Line is , its basically the same thing as a marching band half time field show except its just the Drum Line and its on a basketball court. If anyone wants to see here is a link from back in 2009 when I did it as a senior in high school.



All in all a great day. I caught a fish, saw lots of old friends, and got to re-live some old memories. Good times

Till Next Time Guys
Mark

1 comment: