Thursday, March 17, 2011

Short Port Trip

I wanted to get out and try the port between my classes today. I just had to fish. I launched the toon and was trolling by 1430. I was going to go solo today, but my girl friend Deni said she wanted to come.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She doesn't have a license yet, but she loves the outdoors and getting outside just as much as I do, so she was more then happy to come along just for the ride.

I go through my first trolling lane and not a bite. I guess the tide wasn't right or something. There were a lot of shore fisherman out. Most said they either just had a few shakers or nothing. I saw one guy land a small shaker as I trolled by. I decided to troll past all of the boat docks today to see what was happening there, but nothing happened really the entire way. Within the last 40ft stretch of dock I hooked into a small shaker. He came unbuttoned right at the boat. Thats ok, was just a shaker and wasn't really picture worthy anyways.

So with nothing happening here I head over to hit the other bank. Once I get to my spot I miss 2 hits instantly. As I pass the stretch without a fish, but had some missed hits I had to go back. I knew I was on a time frame, but I couldn't resist one more pass. As were making our next pass I stick my fish I was looking for and I knew it was worth it to run by it again.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think this fish was legal, I never measured him out, but just for the heck of it lets say he was 18 inches since I threw him back anyways.

We head back to the ramp to pull out with a few more taps on the way but nothing else stuck. Off of the water by 1700, pretty happy with the results for the day with only a little over 2 hours of fishing.

Here are a few pictures to show you guys what my small Toyota Corolla looks like when its all loaded up with the toon. Figured you guys might get a kick out of it.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Till Next Time Guys
Mark
Edit/Delete Message

No comments:

Post a Comment